The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Merchant
The Merchant

Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only) Empty
PostSubject: Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only)   Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:14 am

I think it's funny how people assume that if you strip away Star Wars down to the 6 films they'll be extremely weak. Thing is, that actually makes them stronger by a good margin. The first film already has a planet busting weapon, the Death Star. The Death Star is essentially a big Star destroyer with a big heavy turbolaser cannon. Admiral Dodonna says that its firepower is greater than half the starfleet, which proves that the Death Star can be scaled down to a Star destroyer. BTW even without Dodonna's statement the scaling still exists, however some people want clarification if the Death Star can be scaled down and isn't a special case. By scaling, the Star destroyer is essentially 10 million times smaller than the Death Star. The Death Star's superlaser is calc'd at being around 25 thousand Yottatons, which is large planet level since to bust Jupiter you need around 482 Yottatons. In Megatons that's 25 sextillion Megatons. Divide that number by 10 million, and you get two quadrillion Megatons.In Exatons that's 2 thousand Exatons. To bust a planet the size of Mars you need roughly around 1 thousand Exatons. So per shot the Heavy turbolaser on an Imperial Star Destroyer is essentially Mars+ level. With the technical manuals the Executor class star destroyers shields was Mars level IIRC and that thing can take on entire fleets of normal Star destroyers and win. With just the first film alone we get the normal Star destroyers essentially 2 shotting the Executor going off by those calcs lol. Speed of the vehicles will be in the following comments followed by strength/speed of the Jedi.
Back to top Go down
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

PostSubject: Re: Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only)   Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm

wow that's cool, I never saw those calculations before
Back to top Go down
The Merchant
The Merchant

PostSubject: Re: Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only)   Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 pm

In the films such as Attack of the Clones and a New Hope we see ships leave the planet's atmosphere in extremely quick time-spans. When it comes to propulsion technology that uses fuel to push itself off the surface of a planet one needs to be mach 33 to escape the pull of an Earth-like planet. During the battle of Yavin the Death Star was moving around the gas giant, while the X-wings pretty much reached the Death Star in less than 5 minutes. The distance between the Yavin and its Moon for the hell of it I assume is around the same distance between Earth and the Moon, which is 384,400 kilometers. Divide that number by 5 since I'm going to say it was exactly 5 minutes. Assuming that every minute the X-wings traveled 76,800 Kilometers every minute, that would make them 3,762 times the speed of sound. And that's REALLY low-balling since all I'm taking into account is them just reaching Yavin, when we actually saw them they were already halfway done crossing it and THEN the timeframe of LESS than 5 minutes for reaching the Death Star was stated, in the films they literally crossed the previously mentioned distance in a few seconds, I've seen calcs that put the X-wings cruising speed at around 3 percent the speed of light. Mach 3,762 is 1,279,080 Meters per second. 1% of the speed of Light is 2,997,925.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only)   Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only) Empty

Back to top Go down

Respect Star Wars Power levels! : (Movie Only)
Page 1 of 1