Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee   Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Who the fuck wins?

Edit: Barriss has Ventress's sabers.

Last edited by Emperordmb on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Joker
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee   Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Krell stomps.

PostSubject: Re: Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee   Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Pong Krell crushes her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee   Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Ventress has more feats and exposure which makes this difficult to judge, however I'm not just gonna write this off as "Ventress is better because of exposure and comparison to the movie characters." This can only mean one thing... Time for an analysis!!!

First off, as always, is their martial skill. Pong Krell was skilled in an application of Jar'kai with two double bladed lightsabers, however he appears to apply Jar'kai with a Form V mentality of power blows and deflecting blaster bolts. Despite how unwieldy two lightsabers would be even with an extra set of arms, Krell has apparently attained a high enough level of skill to overcome this and twirl them both around his body casually to deflect shots from the 501st with consummate ease. His skills in hand to hand combat are impressive as well, as shown when he puts his lightsabers up and starts tossing clone troopers everywhere.

Barriss Offee conversely Barriss Offee was trained in Soresu, and was skilled enough with it to work in tandem with her master when dueling, and deflecting a ton of blasterfire on Illum. Aside from Soresu, she was also capable of mimicking Ventress's application of Makashi and Jar'kai, though her version appeared to be unrefined and sloppy, somewhat akin to Ventress at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Nevertheless, she was effective enough with this style to outduel Ahsoka. Her prowess in unarmed combat was demonstrated when she beat the crap out of Ahsoka. Barriss used all of her martial abilities in conjunction with evasion tactics, to hold her own against Anakin for a little while before falling.

Barriss's bag of tricks does grant her versatility and facilitates survival, however Krell's unfamiliar style, elements of Barriss's style that hold a weakness to power blows, the greater applicability of Krell's hand to hand skill (due to 2 arms that could be off his saber at any point), the mastery it would take to dual wield two unwieldy weapons of that nature and Krell's four blades to strike with mark him as the superior in my eyes, and thus I give Krell the edge in martial skill.

Now for their physical capabilities. Krell was very strong due to his besalisk physiology, demonstrating strength enough to casually lift and toss clones with his bare fucking hands. He also proved himself to be remarkably fast and agile despite his size.

Barriss on the other hand is decently strong, but could also rival Krell's agility. I'd have to give the physical edge to Krell due to his more extreme capabilities and overwhelming strength.

Now for force abilities. Neither have demonstrated any external force abilities other than telekinesis that would be combat applicable against another force wielder, so that is what I will analyze. Krell is impressive telekinetically, demonstrating a brutal force repulse that violently slammed several members of the 501st into the wall and allowed him to escape.

Barriss also has some notable telekinetic feats, the most impressive of which was pushing Anakin back. She did also get completely dominated later on by him as well. Barriss has never shown telekinesis on the raw power that Krell has shown, but at the same time, Krell has no showings against other force users. I don't really think either has a definitive force edge here. Now for tactical ingenuity.

They are both very similar tactically, both of them demonstrating the ability to create complex plans and strategies. As such neither have a definitive tactical edge over each other.

Overall, I gotta give this one to Krell. He would probably be too overwhelming a fighter for Barriss to overcome, though she may be able to hold out for a little while. I declare Pong Krell the winner!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Joker
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee   Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:59 am

Emperordmb wrote:
Her prowess in unarmed combat was demonstrated when she beat the crap out of Ahsoka.
I'm assuming you're referring to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6jOEukDyyI
2:56-3:00?

Ahsoka was in no condition to put up really any defense or offense and was extremely exhausted. I'm pretty sure anyone mediocre unarmed combatant could've did that to her at that point.

(I just had to nitpick that. Otherwise great analysis.)

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee   Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 pm

King Joker wrote:
Emperordmb wrote:
Her prowess in unarmed combat was demonstrated when she beat the crap out of Ahsoka.
I'm assuming you're referring to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6jOEukDyyI
2:56-3:00?

Ahsoka was in no condition to put up really any defense or offense and was extremely exhausted. I'm pretty sure anyone mediocre unarmed combatant could've did that to her at that point.

(I just had to nitpick that. Otherwise great analysis.)
I just said that cause it sounded funnier. Regardless, I gave the edge in unarmed combat to Krell and gave him the all out victory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee   

Back to top Go down

Pong Krell vs Barriss Offee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outcasts Republic :: Storage Center-
Jump to: