The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6 Empty
PostSubject: MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6   MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:14 am

MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6 Screen32
As Arthur walked with Jaira into the testing chamber, he noticed the sensors pick up their movements as the room flared to life all around them. He watched as the room was illuminated by its lights, almost as if the room were filled with thousands of phosphor bugs. Next to him stood Jaira, his best friend in the world, gazing upon the room with awe as its systems activated before them.

The testing chamber was large and complex holding several power cells, a firing range, a holographic training room, numerous holotables, and too many scanners to count. There were also several regular tables and benches for a person to set their newest invention on. Basically, the room was equipped to test almost any device imaginable as long as it was small enough.

This sight, like many others in his city, was beautiful to him. A demonstration of what his people had built. A display of the enlightenment, knowledge, and prosperity of the Lightor people. It was their defining trait, and Arthur believed with all of his heart in the superiority of his people to the mindless brutes of the other Innamortan nations. Knowledge over violence. Peace over war. Creation over destruction.

“Let’s go test the firepower of our new toys before we practice in the training room,” he suggested to Jaira as they both held their weapons at their sides.

“That sounds like a good idea,” Jaira agreed as she set her blaster down on a near by table. “I’ll go set up the targets,” she said as she walked over to a control panel.

Arthur himself walked over to the firing range on the far end of the chamber as a few targets began to rise up from the ground. Grinning, he lifted up his newly constructed Anti-Particle Cannon, savoring it’s weight and feel in his hands. This was perhaps one of his greatest creations yet. Arthur was snapped out of his moment of reveling in his work by Jaira walking up to his side.

“Would you like me to go first?,” She asked.

“Go right ahead.”

Arthur watched as Jaira lifted her blaster into the air, and took aim at one of the several metal targets standing before them. These targets were constructed out of the metal the Lightor used in creation of their armor. Arthur watched her brow furrow in concentration, and her eyes narrow as she locked onto her target. Then, Jaira pulled the trigger, and the room was illuminated with the white light of several spheres of static energy bursting forth from her blaster, and striking her metallic target, before moving on to the next one.

She moved on to target after target, showering the vicinity with sparks, and making the hair on their bodies stand up on end. After she had peppered a dozen targets with around five shots each, the blaster fire abated, and the atmosphere in the room became a little dimmer, but still filled with light.

“How was that Arthur?” Jaira asked, her voice filled with a newfound confidence.

Arthur walked up to the metal targets, sparks of residual energy still clinging to them, and observed them. The metal was charred and blackened, and several large chunks had been splintered and chipped off of it.

“Excellent Jaira!” Arthur exclaimed with genuine surprise. “This tool will definitely prove to be an effective one against those barbarians!”

“Well I had help from the best,” Jaira said, her face beaming with pride, as she lowered her blaster to her side and turned to face Arthur.

“Think you could activate the big one for me?” Arthur asked as he walked away from the scorched targets back towards the firing area.

“Really?!!” Jaira asked, the astonishment in her voice very obvious to Arthur.

“Yeah!” Arthur responded with excitement as she pressed the button. “Let’s see what this bad boy can do!”

Suddenly, a mechanical whir filled the room as a large hunk of metal emerged from the ground in the center of the firing range. The torso of a cyberbeast in fact. One that had been decapitated and dismembered a month or two ago when it had trespassed on Lightor territory.

Arthur lifted up his Anti-Particle Cannon, took aim at the torso of the dead beast, and squeezed the trigger. A large green orb of energy emerged from the cannon and struck the large hunk of dead metal straight in the center. A blinding flash of light bathed the room in green as the cannon shook and trembled in Arthur’s hands, quivering with the power it had just unleashed. This’ll take some getting used to, Arthur thought to himself. I just hope its firepower is worth all of this trouble.

Sure enough, when the cannon stopped violently shaking in Arthur’s hands, he lifted his head up and saw the former hunk of metal, reduced to shreds after violently being blown apart. He turned to Jaira to see an awestruck look on her face. Despite the grin on his own face, Arthur himself was surprised at the magnitude of his own cannon’s destructive potential.

The hours flew by as Arthur and Jaira continued to fire at various targets with their new creations. Eventually they even stepped into the holographic simulation room, their movements in perfect sync with each other as they fired away at their holographic enemies. As the night progressed, Arthur became more used to the recoil of his weapon, and Jaira became better at aiming it in shorter bursts.

At the end of the night they walked towards the exit, hand in hand, Arthur thought to himself, this has been a pretty magical night.

——————————————————————————

“Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!!!”

Dylan heard the cheering of his men as he lifted the glass of black fluid to his lips and begin to tilt his head back. He glanced over at one of his best friends Fernin, who was doing the same. This wasn’t just any drink, this was Seven X, the strongest alcohol found on Innamorta, and it was one of the many wonders Dylan and his friends had found at the Battle Bar after Dylan rented it out for the night.

Technically it was illegal for any Innamortan under the age of twenty five to drink alcohol, much less rent out a bar, but with his status and money as a prince, Dylan had a relatively easy time renting out the Battle Bar for the night.

Continuing to tilt the glass back, Dylan glanced over at Fernin, who was continuing to drink his own glass. Not willing to be outdone in this drinking game, Dylan tilted his head and the glass back even further. The fiery liquid burned his throat as he continued to chug it, however Dylan paid it no heed and simply sucked harder at the liquid now pouring into his mouth.

As soon as the glass was empty, Dylan slammed it down on the table, and doubled over, the pungent odor of the alcohol filling his throat and nostrils. Dylan glanced up quickly enough to see Fernin finishing his own glass, and setting it down on the table, before running over to the sink and starting to chug water straight out of the faucet to get the taste and feeling of the alcohol out of his mouth.

As Firnin washed his mouth out, Dylan stood there for a few seconds, deeply inhaling and exhaling until the alcohol cleared enough from his breath to be tolerable.

For a few seconds, the room was dead silent. Then Walton broke the silence by crying out, “Dylan wins!!!” The room then erupted into the cheers of Dylan’s men as they reveled in their leader’s victory.

“He’s as victorious in a bar as he is on a battlefield!” Sullivan announced as the rest of Dylan’s men raised their glasses in a toast.

“Yeah well that’s why they call it the Battle Bar,” Barre explained, much to the amusement of everyone else in the bar.

Dylan glanced over at his men slowly drinking their own glasses of alcohol, however theirs wasn’t as strong as the stuff he and Fernin had been drinking. Dylan could feel a warmth spreading through his stomach as he began to absorb the liquor into his body.

He sat down on one of the barstools as Fernin made his way over to him to sit next to him.

“You feeling okay Dylan?” Fernin asked, a false tone of concern evident in his voice.

“Of course I am,” Dylan responded, trying to make out if his speech had begun to slur yet.

“Are you sure? Cause you looked like you were about to throw up there!” Fernin said, laughing.

“Hey I’m not the one who had my face buried in a sink for two minutes!” Dylan jeered.

After sitting there and talking for a few seconds, Fernin raised his hand up to his face, stared at it for a few seconds, and said, “Dude! This is the most messed up I have ever been!”

Dylan immediately started laughing as Fernin said “Like, I’m not even kidding.”

“You say that every time we get drunk or high together!” Dylan blurted out, still laughing.

Suddenly the doors of the Battle Bar were flung open as a group of Bladewrath strode into the room.

“Sorry I’m late,” Tormax announced as he led his squad into the bar. “I was just getting the blaze blossom prepared for tonight.

Dylan grinned as he watched his other best friend approach them. He then got up on his feet, immediately feeling disoriented as he put his weight on his legs for the first time in a few minutes. It was at that point that he realized just how drunk he actually was.

“You guys look like you got started without us,” Tormax observed.

“Oh yeah, sorry about that,” Dylan apologized. “Help yourself to the alcohol in the bar. Grab yourselves a drink. Get the centriblaze loaded up.”

Realizing that he was incredibly drunk, Dylan turned back to his men grinning. He was going to have fun with this. He suddenly climbed onto the bar, and stood up on it as his men turned to pay attention to him.

“My droogies!” Dylan announced, using their slang term that they used to address each other. “Tormax has arrived with the blaze blossom! And you know what that means right?”

His men all stared at him in anticipation and excitement, realizing what he was about to say.

“It means it’s time for us to… JUST BLAZE!!!” Dylan cried out. The room erupted into a roar of drunken laughter as some of Dylan’s men repeated this often used mannerism of his.

As everyone in the bar began to form a circle, Dylan hopped down from the bar and turned towards Tormax who was loading up the centriblaze. He watched as Tormax crushed up and pulled apart the flower, the red of the petals and the yellow-orange of the pollen blending together as he loaded it into the central chamber.

“So is this the good stuff you’ve been telling me about?” Dylan asked, barely able to contain his excitement in his inebriated state.

“Yeah dude, this stuff is pretty intense,” Tormax confirmed. “It may actually be some of the best stuff I’ve ever gotten my hands on. It’s called ‘the Scarlet Scourge’ and it will get you incredibly high.”

“Nice!” Dylan exclaimed in response. He set a glass of the alcohol he and Fernin had been drinking next to Tormax. “You should try this Seven X. It will also mess you up.”

“I’ll sip it between hits,” Tormax responded as he closed up the central chamber. He then held the centriblaze in front of Dylan. “Would you like the first hit?” Tormax offered.

“Sure!” Dylan answered, the tone of surprise in his voice evident, even to himself.

“Well too bad!” Tormax said as he pulled the centriblaze away from Dylan and up to his own lips and started to take a large hit. Dylan watched as Tormax pulled the blaze smoke in through his mouth. Tormax then removed the centriblaze from his lips, paused for a second, then opened his mouth, letting out a large cloud of red smoke.

When the smoke cleared, Tormax held out the centriblaze towards Dylan, and he took it and brought the mouthpiece up to his lips. Dylan pressed and held down one button, and the central and outer chamber of the centriblaze started to spin, using centrifugal force to pull the blaze dust out of the pores in the central chamber and into the outer chamber. As centrifugal force packed the red dust into the walls of the outer chamber, Dylan pressed a second button.

This caused flames to spring from the other end of the centriblaze and into the outer chamber, where it ignited the blaze dust. The lights on the area of the centriblaze near the mouthpiece lit up as the red smoke passed through the mouthpiece into Dylan’s mouth.

He pulled the smoke into his lungs and felt it filling them. After a few seconds of inhaling, he let go of the first button, stopping the flow of blaze dust. He continued to breath in for a few more seconds, inhaling until the last of the blaze dust in the outer chamber was burned away.

Removing the centriblaze from his mouth, he held his breath for a couple of seconds, then exhaled. It was a large puff of red smoke that billowed forth from his open mouth.

“Damn! That was a nice hit!” Tormax congratulated him while sipping his glass of alcohol.

Dylan then passed it over to Fernin, and let it begin to rotate around the circle. It circled around several times in the next half hour, with everyone in the room taking several hits before it was all used up, and the Bladewrath all finishing their respective drinks between hits or afterwards.

Dirk, an officer in the tech division of Dylan’s squad, stumbled over to them with the empty centriblaze. “You really know how to throw a party Dylan!” he blurted out before handing Tormax the centriblaze and stumbling over to a chair.

“Guys guys!” Tormax announced as he was putting away the centriblaze. Dylan and Fernin turned and looked over at Tormax to see what he was trying to say. His eyes were now red from the effects of the blaze blossom, as were everyone else’s.

“This is the most high I have ever been, I’m not even kidding!” Tormax said as he and Dylan immediately burst into laughter.

“Shut up!” Fernin responded to the obvious imitation.

“I’m being completely serious!” Tormax said in an obvious fake voice.

“I don’t do that every time,” Fernin indignantly responded.

“Yes you do!” Dylan and Tormax both blurted out at the same time.

The three of them, even Fernin, continued to laugh for the next few minutes, the effects of the blaze blossom making them laugh even more at things that were funny, or in this case hilarious.

After they were done laughing, they decided to get up and try walking around. Earlier, when Dylan had tried walking while wasted, it felt like the world was swaying side to side around him. In the past when he had blazed up with Tormax, walking felt like he was shifting up and down through the ground. Experiencing both of the effects at the same time however was something else. It felt like he was flying with every step he took, as the world shifted and blurred around him.

Dylan and the rest of his “droogs” spent the rest of the night stumbling and staggering around the Battle Bar, mingling and cracking jokes with each other. Some of them even passed out.

By around 4:20 in the morning, Dylan, Tormax, and Fernin ended up slumped up against a wall in the Battle Bar.

Dylan opened his mouth to speak, however his speech came out a bit slurred. “I want you guys to know that you guys are my best friends, and I love you!”

When Tormax and Fernin looked at him funny, Dylan quickly added, “in a purely platonic way!”

“What does “platnick” even mean?” Fernin blubbered.

“Pla-to-nic’ means like friendship love you know,” Dylan explained. “Not romantic or sexual”

“Huh,” Tormax chimed in. “Leave it to Dylan to be completely hammered and blazed at four twenty in the morning, and still throw around big words like they nothin’!”

“I’m gonna make a fine King and Head of the Council one day,” Dylan pondered aloud, staring up at the ceiling.

“Yeah, maybe you can legalize blaze blossom,” Tormax suggested.

“That’ll be my first action in both of those position,” Dylan confirmed, pondering the future as they all drifted off to sleep.

This had been a fun night indeed…
Back to top Go down
Fated Xtasy

PostSubject: Re: MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6   MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

LOL Nice job Dylan this was a very fun read. Agreed Can't wait for the next chapter  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6   MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Fated Xtasy wrote:
LOL Nice job Dylan this was a very fun read. Agreed Can't wait for the next chapter  Very Happy
I'm actually probably gonna post the next chapter today seeing as I already have most of it written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6   MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOTF Book I: BOTE Chapter 6
Page 1 of 1