The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus

Go down 
+2
Fated Xtasy
Emperordmb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus Empty
PostSubject: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 pm

I've been thinking about raising Revan, but first he has to jump this hurdle... so who wins?

Sabers
Force
All-out
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Tyranus beats Darth Revan IMO... did not mean to put the Darth in front of Revan...
Back to top Go down
Fated Xtasy

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 pm

You I actually think these two would work better as a team then alone and against eachother IMO
Back to top Go down
DarthAnt66
Administrator
Administrator
DarthAnt66

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Darth Revan made win by just sheer lightsaber prowess (read below). Add in the force, Darth Revan wins def. 

"It is the way of the Echani to be able to read their opponents - to know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them. Echani battles are fought several minutes in advance - in many ways, it is much like the game of dejarik played in the core systems. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. Only Revan ever demonstrated such a skill in war. And even as he slaughtered us, the Echani still respected him."

Further info on the subject: "The "Echani" were mentioned in Kotor1, and they are also the people responsible for the fighting styles used by Palpatine's Imperial Guard (at least as it's explained in the Expanded Universe, most notably in Crimson Empire, I believe). The Echani rely heavily on hand-to-hand combat and personal shield technology, and they had their asses handed to them by Revan during the Jedi Civil War, because, not surprisingly, there weren't many people able to face Revan across a battlefield and survive the encounter. "

Makashi is a very elegant and classical style, I see Revan easily anticipating Dooku's movements until he takes the victory.
Back to top Go down
https://thesithoutcasts.forumotion.com
Q99

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 1:35 am

Personally I give it to Revan. I don't think he's as uber as some do, but I think a number of people overestimate Dooku's power some as well. 

It'd likely be a fight, but Revan is younger, and likely a bit stronger in the force.
Back to top Go down
Fated Xtasy

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Age means nothing dude, Yoda and sidious are both perfect examples of this. Not to mention Dooku beat Anakin and Obi-Wan many times and won most the time, despite that I say this ends in a draw, both combatants are well versed in lightsaber combat and have a masterful command of the force. This ends in a draw imo
Back to top Go down
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 pm

i highly doubt any incarnation of Revan is Dooku's superior in dueling, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Agreed. Revan is an excellent duelist by necessity, but Tyranus has notably perfected his style. Given Makashi's focus on bladework and the minimalist nature of Dooku's fighting style, he'd beat Revan in a duel.
Back to top Go down
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:19 pm

However I don't see Dooku destroying Revan in the sabers department, and Revan's command of the force is probably greater than Dooku's.
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

I think Tyranus could take Darth Revan in an all-out

Revan after he reclaims his mask is a different story however.
Back to top Go down
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:23 pm

I agree with both assessments.
Back to top Go down
Lord of the Flies

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:35 am

I'd probably favor Lord Tyranus over even Revan Reborn to be entirely honest. His performances in "The Lost One" speaks for itself. It would be a close fight, but I do think the gap between them as swordsmen is indeed noticeably wider than the gap between them as Force Users.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus   Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus Empty

Back to top Go down

Darth Revan vs Darth Tyranus
Page 1 of 1