The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's Empty
PostSubject: Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's   Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm

I noticed an interesting similarity between the teachings of my two favorite Sith Lords, Bane and Plagueis.

Bane's focuses of force combat are very similar to Plagueis's three categories of force energy.

Bane's focuses of force combat are Offense, Body, and Mind, while Plagueis's three categories of force energy are the Aperion, the Anima, and the Pneuma.

Bane's focus of Offense is similar to Plagueis's category of Aperion...

Bane's focus of Offense encompasses direct physical attacks such as telekinesis and altering the kinetic energy of an object.

Plagueis's category of Aperion includes and unites all matter, some of it's aspects being gravity and electromagnetism, though it encompasses everything relating to space and time.

So basically both of these relate to purely physical manifestations and energy of the force.

Bane's focus of Body is similar to Plagueis's category of Anima...

Bane's focus of Body encompasses abilities that emanate from living cells and affect the physical structures of others. He also notes that cybernetics hinder one's abilities in this focus of force combat.

Plagueis's category of Anima includes all life, but not thought, present in plants and animals, and other living beings. And that this energy is induced and sustained by the midichlorians.

So basically both of these relate to biological manifestations of the force and the abilities and energy relating to the living force.

Bane's focus of Mind is similar to Plagueis's category of Pneuma...

Bane's focus of mind encompasses the abilities that emanate from the realm of thought and memory.

Plagueis's category of Pneuma includes the expression of conscious thought, and thinking self-aware minds contribute to the collective Pneuma.

So basically both of these relate to the mental and psychic abilities and energies of the force, and Bane's "realm of thought and memory" is strikingly similar to Plagueis's "collective Pneuma."

I personally just found it interesting to see this parallel of thought between my two favorite Sith in their three different aspects of the force. I also found the contrast in the teachings from a combative perspective to a scientific perspective to be quite interesting as well. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's   Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 pm

i really like this post, its something I have noticed as well. Also I believe plaguises was strongly influenced by bane and modeled his teachings after his, and that would explain the parallel between there work.
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's   Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Their separate perspectives on the same things as well as how knowledgeable and renown they both are does give gravity to their statements.
Back to top Go down
Lord of the Flies

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's   Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:42 pm

You mentioned this on SWF.  Nice compilation, it's interesting--Cool to see two of your favorites have a connection in their philosophies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's   Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's Empty

Back to top Go down

Darth Bane's teachings mirror Plagueis's
Page 1 of 1