The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darth Necros Chapter 7-9

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 Empty
PostSubject: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 3:13 am

Five months past since Tyvan began his tutelage under Darth Ferox. In those past months his power had grown immensely. Darth Ferox had once been a pioneer in sith magik and alchemy, with a special interest in mutation spells. Tyvan only assumed that his ever mutating arm was the result of a failed attempt to internalize one of his spells. Tyvan learned many of these spells but his interest lay else where. Tyvan devoted most of his time into necromancy, an area that his master had experimented in with impressive results. He took full advantage of his masters presence, allowing him to demonstrate how to properly say chants and wield powers. As his understanding of the greater arcane arts grew, so did his connection to the dark side of the force. No longer was he an unimpressive apprentice, now he was becoming a monster of the dark side.

Tyvan used the Tuk'ata guarding the tomb as his test subjects. He would dominate there minds to lead them into the tomb. Then he would slay them and raise them from the dead. At first it took all his focus to raise a single corpse for even a short amount of time, but he quickly improved. He was now able to raise multiple corpses at a time, with out the need of complex hand gestures or spoken chants, and he could keep them animated for unprecedented amounts of time with very little effort.

Not only did his arcane arts improve but all of his more basic powers gained magnitude as he delved ever deeper into the dark side. His telepathic and force lightning grew especially more powerful. He was able to dominate the minds of Tuk'ata with ease, bending them to do his bidding. He was becoming the monster Ferox said he could become, he was powerful and confident.

"Im ready to earn the legacy of your power." Tyvans spoke with his eyes shut in as he communed with the dark side.

"To earn my legacy you must pass a trial. You must slay a ferocious beast, I cant guarantee that you will survive." Darth Ferox voice boomed from every direction.

"I am ready, master." Tyvan repeated.

"That remains to be seen." Feroxs voice crackled.

The last remaining slab of stone came crashing to the ground with a deafening smack. Tyvan opened his yellow eyes to see that the stone had been covering up a staircase, leading down deep into the black. Tyvan arose and began to descend the long staircase. Upon reaching the bottom of the staircase he entered a room. As he entered the room torches began igniting with fire, filling the room with light. The door behind Tyvan slammed shut and he was left alone standing face to face with a monstrous creature.

The monster looked as though it had originally been a rancor but it had been twisted into something else entirely. It was much taller than a rancor. Its sharp teeth were so huge that its mouth couldn't shut completely around them. Its claws were oversized and curved. Its body looked strong and healthy despite it not having a meal in centuries. But by far the most unsettling thing about it was its third eye positioned right in the middle of its forehead. It was not the eye  of a rancor but that of a reptile, and it was looking straight at Tyvan.

The beast roared and charged at Tyvan who held out his hands and sent currents of lightning flying into its body. The monster was stopped in its tracks and roared in pain. After a few seconds the monster slowly continued its advance. Tyvan called more deeply on the force to empower his lightning. The monster struggled to keep its footing but ultimately fell to the ground. It dug its knuckles into the ground in an attempt to push itself up. The creature was on its feet again and only a few meters away from Tyvan.  Tyvan mustered up all the hate that he felt for Rubac to empower his lightning. With one final surge of intense lightning the monstrosity fell to the dirt. It moaned for a few seconds before the force left its body. Tyvans hands shook in the moments after. It had taken all of his effort to topple the mighty beast.

Tyvan stepped over the dead monsters body, across the room to a pedistool with a small red stone resting upon it. Attached to the stone was a leather strap clearly designed to fit around someone hand.

"Is this the legacy to your power master?" Tyvan questioned as he examined the smooth stone in his hand.

"Yes, it is the Terentatek Stone. Named after the three beasts I sacrificed for the ritual in which it was forged. It is a powerful artifact that amplifies the powers of the dark side." Ferox explained.

Tyvan fastened the strap around the back of his hand so that the stone pressed tightly to his palm.

"With the retrieval of that stone you have proven you are worthy of completing your training and being named a sith." Ferox voice boomed. "What shall your sith name be?"

Tyvan clutched his fist tightly around the stone as the dead monsters body began to get up.

"I am Darth Necros!" Tyvan declared. The dead monster now looming behind him.

Chapter 8

Darth Necros sat meditating in the main chamber of the tomb. Reaching out in the force he sensed the millions of dark signatures resonating from all of the acolytes and sith lords scattered across the planet. Some were weaker than others, but he ignored most of them. He was searching for a certain one. He began blocking out hundreds at a time, eliminating the ones he wasn't looking for until he finally pin pointed the one he was chasing after. The force signature shined brightly in his mind. He traced where it was directly on the planet. His eyes flashed open with angry malice. Darth Batus was making his way towards the tomb.

Darth Batus stood at the entrance to a long canyon. Somewhere in that canyon he sensed a massive power. He had informed the Dark Counsel that he believed someone had survived the expedition into the tomb and that person had taken what ever knowledge resided there for themselves. The Dark Counsel had been aware of the growing power coming from that area.  They had also said that were these suspicions confirmed true, who ever was hording the knowledge was now a traitor to the sith and should be executed. But no sith were sent to investigate since the mission was deemed 'To Dangerous'. So Darth Batus had come on his own accord. He knew the growing power was Tyvan, he could sense it.

Darth Batus began the long walk into the canyon. He was well aware of the rumors of Tuk'ata and so he stayed on high alert. At a point where turning back was no longer an option the rumors were confirmed true. Large Tuk'ata baring razor sharp teeth began to emerge from the rocks and crevices. Scores of them pored into the canyon floor blocking his advance and escape. Darth Batus closes his eyes and began shrouding himself in the dark side. The Tuk'ata looked confused. Darth Batus began walking forward again, right through the thick horde of Tuk'ata that had, just a minute ago, gathered to rip him apart. But none of the Tuk'ata made a move at him, or even acknowledged that he was there, because in there minds he didn't even exist.

As Darth Batus reached the end of the canyon he started to pass the bodies of dead Tuk'ata. The signs of combat were all around him. Tuk'ata mangled bodies lay crumpled in every direction, he assumed these were killed by powerful force pushes. Other Tuk'ata were clearly killed by the lightsaber, they were gashed open, stabbed, or cleaved in two. Who ever had struggled against these Tuk'ata had put up an impressive display of power. Batus finally reached the entrance to the tomb. The dark side resonated from this place, he opened the door and went inside.

Darth Necros was no longer kneeling when Darth Batus entered the main chamber of the tomb. His old master was powerful indeed. Necros had thought the Tuk'ata would rip him apart but his old master had simply walked right through them. Necros glared at Darth Batus who stood before him, he was still as imposing as ever.

"So my suspicions are confirmed," His old master spoke first, "You have taken the knowledge you found here as your own."

"And now I am stronger than ever. " Grinned up at his master. "You sent me on this mission to prove that I am worthy of being a sith, and that's exactly what I have done."

"I didn't expect this, though. All you were to do was return alive and you would have been named sith."

"Rubac would have killed me if I returned!" Necros shot back.

"His name is no longer Rubac. He is now Darth Inimicus." Batus corrected.

"You named him a Darth?!" Anger burned inside Necros like a wild fire.  

"I was forced too. You were presumed dead, I had no other option." Batus replied calmly.

Necros should have expected this, but he couldn't help being enraged by it. Rubac, now Darth Inimicus, was his pinnacle of Necros spite, he was a blight in Necros life, an error in the Force that Necros would correct.

"Come with me back to the academy Tyvan. I am close to the Dark Counsel, I can plead your case too them. You can still be named a Darth and be a leader in the Sith Empire." Darth Batus pleaded.

Necros surrounded the dark side of the Force around him. "My name is no longer Tyvan. I am Darth Necros, and I AM a sith!" 

Darth Necros unleashed currents of lightning at his old master. Batus activated his lightsaber and absorbed the currents. Darth Batus then sent a wave of power hurling at Necros. Necros smashed against the other side of the room. Lightning enveloped Necros sending searing pain through his entire body. Necros dropped too his hands and knees under the power of his old masters lightning.

"I really wish it hadn't come to this," Batus voice could barely be heard over the crackling of lightning, "you had so much potential. If only you had let me teach you."

Darth Necros didn't respond with words. He simply raised his right hand, which had the Terrentatek Stone resting in its palm. The stones color began to darken, as though a black liquid had spilled inside of it, as Darth Necros channeled energy through it. The pain faded as all the lightning Batus let loose was absorbed into the stone. Necros stood up an slowly advanced across the room towards his old master. Batus backed up slowly, his eyes widening with fear. Darth Necros overpowered him with force, pushing him to his knees. Necros pressed the now black stone onto Darth Batus's forehead.

"I don't need you to teach me!" He snarled and then began his assault on his old masters mind.

Power surged out of Necros, amplified massively by the power of the Terentatek Stone. Darth Batus eyes rolled back into his head as Darth Necros attempted a power that Darth Ferox had explained to be extremely dangerous. Not only did it take the most powerful force wielder to even attempt, but it often ripped apart the users mind. Darth Necros mind went numb, his eyes rolled back into his head just like Darth Batus's had. Darth Batus's will clashed with Darth Necros, who ever proved weaker than the other would surely be defeated. Darth Necros pushed hard, the stone amplifying his power into overwhelming Force energy. At first Darth Batus stood firm, but soon his resolve crumbled and his fate was sealed. The Terentatek Stone changed its role in the assault, it now acted like a giant mental vacuum that was sucking Batus dry. Darth Necros head felt like it was about to explode, as his old masters mind was being absorbed into his own. Darth Necro didn't stop until Batus mind was sucked completely dry. When it finally was he released.

Darth Batus eyes rolled back into place and he fell forward to the ground. Drool seeped from his mouth and his eyes look questioningly around in fear. He still breathed and physically he was fine, but mentally he was like a new born baby. Everything he knew, ever skill he had, every memory he had experience, no longer existed in his mind. His mind was like a sponge that was left out in the hot sun. Darth Necros had taken everything. Darth Batus didn't even remember how to talk.

On the contrary Darth Necros's mind bristled with foreign knowledge. His brain was still in antagonizing pain. It threatened to rip itself apart from the new influx of knowledge.

Chapter 9

Darth Necros sat in the middle of the room, staring down at the Terentatek Stone in his palm. It had fine cracks in it from the overwhelming energy that had coursed through it. Three days had past since he had absorbed his masters mind into his own. His mind was still on fire with pain, but the knowledge had finally begun to settle into place. For two days had been rolling on the floor screaming in agony as he struggled with every fiber of his being to keep his mind from imploding. The effort had payed off though, and his old masters knowledge was now melding into his mind. The pain began to recede and Necros began unraveling the mysteries of his old master.

Darth Batus, had been a secretive and cunning Sith Lord. He had an endless network of spies and bounty hunter. Many of them were renowned as the best of the best and all of them were on his payroll. Necros now knew who each and every single one of them was. He would not hesitate to take advantage of them.

Darth Batus had also had extensive knowledge in powerful force abilities. He was a far more practiced hand in force lightning that Necros and he had also dabbled a bit into the areas of sith sorcery, although most of what his old master had learned Necros already knew. His lightsaber skills were another story entirely. Although Necros Force abilities had increased exponentially, his skill with the lightsaber was still pitiful. His old master was skilled in many forms of lightsaber combat. Necros recognized all of them. Djemn so, Necros preferred form was one that Batus had mastered. Niman, was what appeared to be Batus's preferred form. Juyo and Ataru were also within Batus's arsenal of skills. Necros would take advantage of all this new knowledge and would work at incorporating it into his own skill set.

But most importantly to Necros, Batus knew exactly where Darth Inimicus was. And that gave Necros purpose. His time in this tomb had taught him much but it was soon time to leave, he only had a few things left to do before he did.

Darth Necros knelt down next to Darth Scalvas corpse, still laying on the floor next to the door, where Necros had killed her. Her body was sick with decay. Her once plush cheeks were now sunken and ghastly. Her eyes were now clouded and white. Her skin was no longer a bright vibrant blue, but a sickly grey color. The wounds that were present at the time of her death were now festered and raw. Much of her heavy armor had fallen off from the damage dealt to it, so Necros removed it entirely. Underneath she wore a tight grey form fitting jumpsuit. Her form was once lean but now most of her muscles had decayed, leaving only a bony structure. Her skin was tightening around her body as she began to mummify. The Terrentatek Stone again clouded black in his palm. He pressed it against her bony chest and began to chant.

Darth Necros began by empowering her body. He enhanced her few remaining muscles with sith spells, pushing them far beyond the conceivable limits.  She would now be exponentially faster and stronger than any other humanoid. He closed all of the mounds on her face but left it still ghastly and corpse like, he wanted her to be frightening.

He then moved onto her mind, it was a blank canvas for Necros to color in. He implanted in her mind anger, and hate. He then pulled from the extensive knowledge of his old master and gave her knowledge of Juyo. He also allowed her knowledge of a few force powers. He implanted her with an unending desire to obey and serve him. Then he cast the reanimation spell. This spell would be permanent, he would have no need to continually focus to keep her alive, she would be the closest thing he had to an apprentice. An agent who would do what ever he commanded. Darth Scalva would be his slave.

The stone returned from black to its original red color, more cracks were evident on its surface. Darth Scalvas fingers began to twitch. Her head slowly turned to look at her new master.

"Welcome back Darth Scalva." Darth Necros smiled

Last edited by WildBantha88 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fated Xtasy

PostSubject: Re: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Love the story so far dude, I did spot some mistakes, but who am I to talk. Anyway story wise its pretty solid, But what kinda bugs is the fact that he learned so much from Ferox in a very short amount of time and the dark council didn't send a larger strike team even when they sensed the quote Massive Power in the tomb, also aren't terentantek immune to Force Lightning or is it Force Drain? I don't know, but, besides those minor I didn't see anything wrong with the stories. Just a tip make sure you read your stories after your done writing them that way you can correct any spelling mistakes. Smile
Back to top Go down
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

PostSubject: Re: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks, I know I made mistakes but I do try and reread it after I post it and edit out as many mistakes as I can.. I do want to improve on the writing factor. As far as the terrentatek scene I am not sure, I wanted to show him beat it with the force because his lightsaber skills did not improve over that time. Also part of the reason they sent such a small strike team was they still weren't sure who it was in the tomb and exactly how powerful he had become, and they sure as hell weren't expecting a reanimated Darth Scalva. Plus even if he did make it past the strike team he is on Korriban, they literally have a fleet blocking him from getting off planet. So basically he's trapped no matter what. Also the strike team isn't the only thing they sent after him but that's getting into spoiler territory Wink
Back to top Go down
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

PostSubject: Re: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:16 pm

I just did some research and Terentateks vary from resistant to completely immune to the force, I may change that scene. Also I changed the amount of time he spent in the cave from 2 months to 5 months. The whole reason I went with 2 months is because I still wasn't sure what I was going to do with Darth Scalva, all I knew Is I was going to bring her back to life so I opted for a shorter amount of time so that her body wouldn't be too decayed. But 5 months seems more reasonable and the dacay she went through would have taken more than 2 months so that aspect of the story was just completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
Fated Xtasy

PostSubject: Re: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:54 pm

No, you did pretty well, but sometimes we get caught up in the story,characters and dialogue that we forget about Canon and Our Timeline(hope that makes sense) so it really is quite common that relatively new authors - like you and I, tend to have issue with continuity, Lord knows I did a helluva a lot of research on Starkiller and his parents before I even wrote the Prologue and the first chapter - even then, I still think I made some Canon and continuity mistakes. But you gotta fail in order to learn, as they say
Back to top Go down
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

PostSubject: Re: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 am

I made a few retcons today in this post.

1. Tyvan now spent 5 months in the tomb instead of 2. I feel like 2 was to short of a time.

2. Tyvan no longer kills a Terentatek to retrieve the terentatek stone, he kills a rancor mutant created by Darth Ferox. I did this because Terentatek are resistant to the force

3. Darth Scalvas body does not get rejuvenated. She looks entirely like a corpse now, not just her face.
I did this because I felt like a sexy zombie was just weird and a zombie zombie was more frightening and fitting to her character.
Back to top Go down
Fated Xtasy

PostSubject: Re: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 am

Yeah the sexy zombie thing made it seem like a bad b movie lol. Overall you did pretty well, I loved the fight scenes, the dialogue, and the fact that you pretty much kept true to the sith idea, I totally thought Necro and Scalva were gonna be total sith besties lol, but You went in another direction, and that was awesome of you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Necros Chapter 7-9   Darth Necros Chapter 7-9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Darth Necros Chapter 7-9
Page 1 of 1