The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak Empty
PostSubject: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Who wins?  Takes place on the star forge, and malak gets 2 captives to drain from.
Back to top Go down
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:22 pm

malak should take this
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 pm

I'd say Droma is the more skilled and tactical duelist, however Malak is stronger in the force by a pretty large margin with his amp. Malak takes this.
Back to top Go down
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Malak isn't that much stronger than Droma in the force, Droma's dark rage would prove useful, plus Droma's quite the superior duelist.
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 pm

With the Star Forge amp, Malak has a larger amount of power at his disposal. I'd say Droma has a shot at beating an unamped Malak though.
Back to top Go down
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:33 pm

No, Droma would definitely take a majority over un-amped Malak, and i'd flip the table and say that amped Malak has a chance at beating Droma. 

In terms of lightsaber ability, Droma has, "lightning-fast reflexes," he's beaten mandalore despite being at a rather large disadvantage  (pretty sure Mandalore had a damn basilisk), he's stalemated Sylvar with literally no connection to the force, defeated Warb Null, and stalemated Exar Kun, (Kun may not have been in his prime, but he was still the unparalleled duelist of that era).  Malak's done...well, not much in terms of saber feats, but i'll go ahead and say with the star forge amp he's probably a master duelist, (like, Fisto/Kolar/Tiin level).  Still hardly a match for Droma as a duelist.

For force ability, this is where Malak would especially shine.  He pinned down Revan on the leviathan without an amp, force whirl winded Bastila, effortlessly choked 2 jedi masters, and was capable of draining jedi captives on the star forge to bolster his powers.  Droma with the force, has shown capability to use dark rage, sending an immensely powerful blast of energy that I believe knocked Nomi on her ass.  He's frequently applied force choke, and he has one of those badass sith amulets that blasts peeps.  Malak has this one, although the force alone probably isn't enough to save him.

Physically, Malak is tall and therefore has great leverage, along with being physically strong.  Droma, on the other hand, is a Djem So master, and has also proven to be faster than Malak.  There really is no physical edge to grant.

Overall, i'd say Droma wins in what would shape up to be a very close fight.  There's a Jolee says that Kun and Droma were greater than (Darth) Revan and Malak.
Back to top Go down
DarthAnt66
Administrator
Administrator
DarthAnt66

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 pm

TheSkilledOne wrote:
In terms of lightsaber ability, Droma has, "lightning-fast reflexes," he's beaten mandalore despite being at a rather large disadvantage  (pretty sure Mandalore had a damn basilisk), he's stalemated Sylvar with literally no connection to the force, defeated Warb Null, and stalemated Exar Kun, (Kun may not have been in his prime, but he was still the unparalleled duelist of that era).  Malak's done...well, not much in terms of saber feats, but i'll go ahead and say with the star forge amp he's probably a master duelist, (like, Fisto/Kolar/Tiin level).  Still hardly a match for Droma as a duelist.
It should be noted despite Malak's legendary force abilities, Mr. Drew states his lightsaber abilities are better.

TheSkilledOne wrote:
force whirl winded Bastila
Actually, he force whirled Revan.

Quote :
Physically, Malak is tall and therefore has great leverage, along with being physically strong.  Droma, on the other hand, is a Djem So master, and has also proven to be faster than Malak.  There really is no physical edge to grant.
Malak is, according to Drew, a highly proficient/master at Juyo. Also, Malak's pain threshold is unbelievable. He can survive his jaw being sliced off, a hit from a huge ass battle axe, and this:

"Entry #6066: Squint. I retract what I said about human Jedi. What a marvel this “Squint” is!
Irradiation. Electroshock. Even stress tests on the rack. All have been done, and yet his Jedi powers block out the pain. What a skill to be born with. If only my project had ended more happily — what a force we could have been!
I’ve spared him the most invasive procedures. It seems a shame to kill him; he ranks more highly on the Wyrick Index than any of the others. And yet he endures all, wearing a look of sheer hate even I can recognize. I doubt cyborgs can clench their jaws as hard.
He was born hating Mandalorians, I can tell. Spawn of some world the Republic cared little for, now trying to force them to care. He welcomes war with us; he will start one, if he must. I cannot break him. He could leave today with little more than an elongated spine.
Which is why this must end in vivisection. I should not want to meet this one in a darkened alley."
―The Secret Journal of Doctor Demagol

Quote :
 There's a Jolee says that Kun and Droma were greater than (Darth) Revan and Malak.
Uh, no. The guy who said Kun/Droma were better then Revan and Malak was a owner of a space mining factory which was nearly destroyed by Kun. The guy would also have no knowledge on Malak or Revan, besides just what he hears as mere rumors, which he would hardly put as high as Kun nearly destroying his mining facility with his army.

It should be noted Revan is basically stated as a superior to Qel Droma (not that anyone would think otherwise anyway.) Qel Droma death was shortly before the Mandalorian Wars, all these quotes apply to a much broader area then a mere couple years, the "most powerful champion", which was written by the narrator describing the events of the past.

"In battle after battle, Revan had led the Jedi and Republic forces to victory. Realizing defeat was inevitable, Mandalore the Ultimate had challenge Revan to since combat, and Revan had accepted. Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order's most powerful champion."
―Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan

"You, Revan, are the single greatest warrior of this age, and any battle we fight will bring me honor."
―Canderous Ordo (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

"For a time I worked with the greatest of your Jedi heroes- Revan and the Jedi Exile..."
―Scourge (Star Wars The Old Republic)
Back to top Go down
https://thesithoutcasts.forumotion.com
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:59 pm

No, you're taking the, "jedi order's most powerful champion" quote so far out of proper context that it's ridiculous.  There is absolutely NO concrete evidence that he was speaking beyond the order of Revan's time, that's just silly wanking.  The only quote there that might hold any water, and that's the one from canderous, but what the hell does he know about Qel Droma and Exar Kun?  I came here to stop hearing the Sidious and Yoda wanking only to start hearing the other side of the spectrum.  Revan is more powerful than Droma, yes, but there is no canonical quote stating such.  Anyways...

Malak's force abilities are far from legendary.  But as per Malak's lightsaber skill, tell me his impressive feats that would show how he would match or exceed droma. 

Ok, he force whirl winded a Revan who was far from his prime.  Still impressive, but at that time I hardly see revan being a match for Ulic.

Malak's definitely gonna need his pain threshold for this fight, the amount of lightsaber stabs on Malak's chest produced will be inconceivable.  But Droma's durability shouldn't be in questioneither, he got that dark rage from immensely painful experiments, plus he survived being cut off from the force, and we know how lethal that can be.  Just ask the masters on Dantooine.
Back to top Go down
DarthAnt66
Administrator
Administrator
DarthAnt66

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Damn, you really hate KOTOR. 
Quote :
here is absolutely NO concrete evidence that he was speaking beyond the order of Revan's time, that's just silly wanking. 
What do you mean by "Revan's time"? They lived in the same time.
Quote :
Malak's force abilities are far from legendary.
I would have to disagree.
"Darth Malak possesses extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion..."

"An imposing figure with ghostly pale features, prominent Sith tattoos, a gleaming red lightsaber, and devastating Dark Side power, Malak struck terror into the hearts of his former allies. He also wore a vocal mask that may have concealed a form of cybernetic life-support. Did it provide him with powers far greater than even Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd, or was cybernetic enhancement too simple an explanation?"

"The ruling Dark Lord of the Sith is a master of the Dark Side of the Force."

"With legions of armored troopers spreading throughout the galaxy, all led by masters of the Force, the Sith Empire seems unstoppable."

"The Sith Lord had grotesquely adapted the Rakatan device to draw energy directly from chained Jedi captives. He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroy

"Malak's incredible power incacpiates both Carth and Bastila..."

Quote :
Still impressive, but at that time I hardly see revan being a match for Ulic.
Because your knowledge on Revan is laughable? Perhaps.

Quote :
he got that dark rage from immensely painful experiments
Malak's dark rage is pretty beastly too.

Quote :
Just ask the masters on Dantooine.
They are to busy hiding from Malak.

"Malak gained a reputation as a headstrong warrior who would recklessly charge into danger. Malak's former Masters were well aware of this impetuousness during his days at the training academy on Dantooine."
Back to top Go down
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:27 pm

1.  They lived a few years apart
2.  Ulic wasn't a damn jedi at that time.  learn to understand context.

interesting, actually.  I never knew those quotes existed.  The hasbro quote about malak being far greater than kun or nadd is to be taken with a grain of salt, imo.

Leviathan Revan>>Droma?  Why, he defeated Bandon?  my knowledge on Revan isn't laughable, I just don't take his power completely and utterly out of context. 

i was noting droma's durability there anyways.  You, again, took my statement out of context and changed the subject completely.

Too bad the point flew right over your skull.  I was referencing the difficulty to survive being severed from the force.
Back to top Go down
DarthAnt66
Administrator
Administrator
DarthAnt66

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Please use quotes.
Quote :
1.  They lived a few years apart 
No. Revan was alive when Droma died.
Quote :
2.  Ulic wasn't a damn jedi at that time.  learn to understand context.
Nomi and Vima still considered him a Jedi. Also, Revan was born literally only two years after Kun. 
Quote :
interesting, actually.  I never knew those quotes existed.  The hasbro quote about malak being far greater than kun or nadd is to be taken with a grain of salt, imo.
Because you never bother to read my respect threads.
Quote :
Leviathan Revan>>Droma?  Why, he defeated Bandon?  my knowledge on Revan isn't laughable, I just don't take his power completely and utterly out of context. 
Did I ever claim ">>"? No. However, the gap between Leviathan Revan and Star Forge Revan was only two planets, Korriban and Lethon. It's not as big as a difference as u make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:41 pm

I'd rather not bother, especially if you know what i'm responding to already.

1.  LOL.  Revan was 8 YEARS OLD!  This is a weak argument if you're trying to say that canonically Revan>Droma.  Revan is more powerful than him though.

2.  He still wasn't a member of the jedi order, irrelevant if Nomi and Vima think he's a jedi, especially when he's severed from the damn force.

Considering the learning rate that Revan has (especially after learning that he was Revan), it is a very significant amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak   Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak Empty

Back to top Go down

Ulic Qel Droma vs. SF Malak
Page 1 of 1