The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks Empty
PostSubject: Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks   Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:46 pm

It is a common point of view that Darth Bane in Dynasty of Evil lacks the Force Power of his Orbalisk encrusted self in Rule of Two. On this thread I will be exploring that notion.
Back to top Go down
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks   Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:36 pm

A lot of people are of the notion that Bane's force powers while encrusted with the orbalisks were greater than they were later in life, coming mainly from this quote:

"But he also learned that, in addition to boosting a host's physical abilities, it was possible to tap into the parasites' ability to feed on the dark side to greatly increase one's own command of the Force."-ROT

From this quote, it is clear that the Orbalisks boost Bane's base power (force power without amps)   immensely, however I am of the belief that Bane's base power in Dynasty of Evil was greater than his base power in Rule of Two. With this in mind, it is hypothetically possible that Bane, by the time of Dynasty of Evil could've caught up to or passed up his Orbalisk encrusted self in terms of force power. With this barrier broken I am now free to compare feats in order to determine the difference in power between Orbalisk encrusted Bane, and Bane as he appears near the end of his life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I will gauge the intensity of Bane's lightning.

In Rule of Two, Bane charred a drexl and reduced its riders to ash with a force storm.
“Before they even hit the ground he'd turned his attention to the third opponent, unleashing a storm of Sith lightning that reduced the riders to ash and the drexl into a hunk of charred and smoking flesh that dropped from the sky.”-ROT

In Dynasty of Evil, Bane is capable of reducing four people to ash with a single burst of lightning.
“He sprang back to his feet, simultaneously drawing his lightsaber with his right hand as he sent a blast of lightning out from the fingertips of his left. The violet bolts should have incinerated all four of his targets on the balcony, yet again the strange power interfering with his ability to draw upon the Force hindered his efforts.”-DOE

Darth Bane's feats here are highly comparable to eachother with the one in Dynasty of Evil being arguably more impressive. This suggests that the intensity of Darth Bane's lightning as of Dynasty of Evil is, at the very least, comparable to that of his Orbalisk encrusted self. One can infer what they will about Bane's relative force power from that, however it is not the only piece of evidence I have with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next I shall compare his speed, as a speed difference would be a good indication of power.

In Rule of Two, the Orbalisks boosted Bane's speed to the extent to which he was akin to wielding a dozen blades rather than one.
"Giving in to his orbalisk-fueled bloodrage, he was like a wild animal, raining savage blows down on her from all angles, the strikes coming so fast it seemed as if he wielded a dozen blades at the same time."-ROT

In Dynasty of Evil, Bane moves faster than Zannah could've ever imagined.
“He was faster than she could ever have imagined”-DOE

Given that Zannah had fought Bane in his Orbalisk induced rage described in the first quote, her noting Bane as faster than she could've ever imagined suggests that, at the very least, Bane in Dynasty of Evil was just as fast, if not more so, than his Orbalisk encrusted self. And not only did Bane receive a boost in force power from the Orbalisks, but he received a purely physical boost as well. This implies that Bane's force strength was enough to augment his speed to be equal or superior to the physically and force enhanced speed of his Orbalisk encrusted self.

With those comparisons drawn I would like to move on to Bane's accolades in Dynasty of Evil.

Bane was one of the few Sith to be considered the most powerful.
“If the dark side’s most powerful master can capture the ultimate secret, the Sith will never die.”-DOE

He had access to near infinite power near the end of his life,
“through the dark side he had access to near-infinite power”-DOE

These two accolades suggest Bane has an extraordinary command of the force in Dynasty of Evil, and are far better accolades than Bane has received previously, suggesting once again that Bane in Dynasty of Evil is at the very least comparable to his Orbalisk encrusted self.

And last of all I'd like to throw in a bit of logic. Characters in Star Wars who experience losses often work very hard to build themselves back up. Such examples are set forth by the likes of Darth Vader, who trained intensely and retooled his style after his injuries on Mustafar, Grievous, who worked hard to establish his reputation after the loss of much of his organic body, and Plagueis who focused intensely on the force after his injuries at the hands of the Maladian assassins.

With Bane's insane amount of willpower and determination he would no doubt work very hard to compensate for the loss of his Orbalisks, and has already demonstrated this through his bladework.
“His style back then had been brutish and simple, though undeniably effective. Now, however, his technique was more advanced. Unable to simply bully his way heedlessly forward, he had developed an unpredictable, seemingly random style. Each time she thought she could anticipate where the next attack was coming from, he changed tactics, disrupting the rhythm of the battle and causing her to give ground."-DOE
Bane has also demonstrated the tendency to compensate for setbacks in other ways, such as looking for the secret of immortality when his body was starting to deteriorate.

With all of this in mind, Bane would no doubt work very hard in the ten years between Rule of Two and Dynasty of Evil to build his force power back up to that point.

So in conclusion, I have shown that Bane would work very hard to build his force powers up to the level of his Orbalisk encrusted self, I have shown that Bane's accolades near the end of his life supersede his others, and I have shown demonstrated equality or superiority with which Dynasty of Evil Bane wields in comparison to his Orbalisk encrusted self.

All things considered, Bane's force strength near the end of his life is at the very least, highly comparable to that of his Orbalisk encrusted self.

Last edited by Emperordmb on Tue May 06, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarthAnt66
Administrator
Administrator
DarthAnt66

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks   Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Someone already beat you to the respect thread, bro, you are going to need to make yours better:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/
Back to top Go down
https://thesithoutcasts.forumotion.com
Emperordmb
Administrator
Administrator
Emperordmb

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks   Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:47 am

What I have so far is saved on a text file on my computer, and it's like 21 pages long on the text file without the supplementary material (such as this thread) that I have linked in there.

I think I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks   Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks Empty

Back to top Go down

Darth Bane's Force Strength without Orbalisks
Page 1 of 1