The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Revan Reborn (Part 5)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

Revan Reborn (Part 5) Empty
PostSubject: Revan Reborn (Part 5)   Revan Reborn (Part 5) EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:19 pm

As Revan went to Darth Xaress's Quarters, Taegra and Balgren secretly told the rest of the clan of the reason developments.  They began by telling the mandalorian captains, and the captains told their underlings, and eventually the entire clan knew.  They were told to await the word of the one who challenges Darth Xaress.

Revan, concealed in the force, silently entered the room of Darth Xaress.  When he walked into the room, however, the door slammed shut, and Revan was forced to reveal himself.  Very few should have been able to see through Revan's cloak.  But Darth Xaress was no ordinary sith lord, a fact Revan would soon find out.

"So, you've seen through my concealment," stated Revan.

"Yes, it was a difficult veil to breach," replied Xaress, "Why have you entered my domain?"

"I have come to free these mandalorians from your grip."

"Free them?  These mandalorians are here by choice.  They work for blood money, here of their own accord."

"I plan on restoring their honor," shot back revan.

"We shall see shortly," Xaress responded, in a cold, calculating tone.  Two Imperial Guards flanked Revan, trying to finish him before he can harm Darth Xaress.  He drew his lightsaber, as the Guards pulled out their electrostaffs. The guards struck in coordinated movements, one going for Revan's head, the other for his legs.  Revan dodged, evaded, and parried the attacks, until one guard left an opening in his abdomen.  Revan capitalized on this advantage, and stuck the guard with effortless speed.  The second guard thought he saw a hole in Revan's defense, trying to pierce him in the side.  Revan took a quick step back, the electrostaff missing barely an inch.  The guard overextended himself, and removed the Guard's hands, and stabbed him in the upper chest with his own weapon.

"Ready to face me yourself?" jokingly inquired Revan. 

"Eager to die, are you?"  replied Xaress.

"You are nothing compared to the foes I've slain, the enemies I've beaten."  declared Revan.

"Defeated is the key word of your statement."

"How do you know?" wondered Revan.

"Be silent, and die," concluded Darth Xaress. 

Revan threw his lightsaber, guiding it with the force, towards Darth Xaress's stomach.  She redirected the blade, and it instead slightly tore her robes.  Revan unleashed a barrage of telekenesis to buy time to regain his blade.  When the blade finally came back to his hands, Revan took the offensive.

Flurry after flurry, parry after parry, thrust after thrust, Revan and Xaress fought a seemingly long duel.  But what seemed like hours was only seconds, until Revan landed a small cut on Xaress's midsection.  This enraged Xaress, and she threw Revan back with pure and raw power.  Xaress deactivated the blade, destroyed it with lightning.  Revan could only wonder what she was planning.

"Tell me, Revan," began Xaress, "have you ever heard of Darth Nihilus?"

"Sadly, I have," replied Revan.  "He was slain long ago at the hands of the jedi exile known as Meetra Surik."

"He may have been slain, but his teachings have survived!" eluded Xaress.  An orange beam of draining energy struck the Imperial Guards Revan had just defeated.  Their corpses turned into ash, and Revan saw Xaress's injury heal, and he felt a surge of the dark side course through Xaress. 

"She just restored her vitality?" Revan pondered in his mind.  He'd need to end her quick, lest he suffer the same fate as the guards.  He drew his lightsaber, but Darth Xaress snatched it out of his hand with her new found strength.  With an outstretched palm, Xaress blasted Revan into the wall by the entrance to her quarters.  she was preparing her other palm for the crippling blow, the draining power.  Revan knew he had to do something, and in his desparation, the force began to flow through him,

light and dark,

twin rushing rivers,

no, this time, it was different,

The light turned black, and the dark took over.  Revan started losing control, the darkness too dark, too evil, too malevolent to put into words.

It was the evil of the Emperor.

A surging black beam of pure chaos surged from Revan, and it enveloped Darth Xaress in pure hatred.  The blackness came from her eyes, nostrils, mouth, and she was devoured, turned into a twisted abomination, until she finally fell dead.

"The Emperor is here,"...
Back to top Go down

Revan Reborn (Part 5)
Page 1 of 1