The Outcasts Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Revan Reborn: Book 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLaemOne
TheLaemOne

Revan Reborn:  Book 1 Empty
PostSubject: Revan Reborn: Book 1   Revan Reborn:  Book 1 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:49 pm

This is a compilation of all the Revan fanfics.  Enjoy!

"Yet again, I have been reborn."

The words shook Revan from his weakness and nausea, after suffering a crippling defeat at the hands of the Emperor's elite strike team.  He'd used the new ability he learned to quickly escape the cold grip of death.  He learned this ability, known as fold space, from his old mentor, Kreia, however he never asked where she found the ability herself.  Nevertheless, it bought Revan time, as he used his unique talent to transport himself to Nar Shaddaa. He knew he could not
return to the jedi, as the sith would simply hunt him down again.  He chose Nar Shaddaa, as it was the best way to remain hidden from both the sith... and the jedi.

"Who are you?" the very question caused Revan to jerk his gaze upward.  The question had been asked by a slimy trandoshan, the beast's eyes in wide disbelief. 

"You will not have my name, nor my affiliation," Revan began, "But you may go to rest."  As his last word rolled off his tongue, he reached out with the force, and the trandoshan clutched his head.  In a matter of a few seconds, the vile creature was spread across the floor, unconscious.  "The force is a powerful ally," concluded Revan. 

Revan had chosen to take his mask off to remain secret.  While in a normal situation the mask would help Revan stay hidden, his mask was an exception.  All knew the look of Revan's mask, and a mix of emotions including fear, respect, and happiness were felt when it was gazed upon.  He decided that the best course of action would be to blend in with the crowd, drown in the sea of criminals and thugs walked the Smuggler's Moon.  He approached a nearby Cantina to get some rest and relaxation, although what he had found there was far from it.  He saw a pair of sith lords negotiating with a group of Weequay and Trandoshans, and feared the worst. 

"Are those bounty hunters aligned with the trandoshan I disposed of recently?" thought Revan.  He feared that they were bargaining with the sith to find him.  Revan concealed himself with the force and silently walked into the cantina.  He sent a ripple through the force to draw attention away from himself, and then he revealed himself.  He looked towards the entrance of the cantina, only to see a weequay pointing the direction of his whereabouts to the sith lords he'd seen earlier.  He quickly concealed himself again, hoping that they would never noticed him. 

The group strutted through the cantina, and walked passed the table which Revan had been in earlier. The last member of the group to walk by was someone he hadn't noticed earlier, a mandalorian woman, clad in shining blue armor.  She looked towards Revan's table and gave a simple command, "Follow me to get away from these fools."  Revan wisely followed the order, and they slipped out of the Cantina into a nearby apartment, which Revan presumed to be hers.

"Who are you, and why are you helping me?"  Asked Revan.

"I'm Taegra, the last of Clan Ordo."

"Clan Ordo?  Do you know of
your ancestor, Mandalore the Preserver?" Inquired Revan.

"Yes, he was the greatest of our clan!  Why do you ask?"  Replied Taegra.

"I've fought against and alongside him, in the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War, respectively," revealed Revan. 

"How is that even possible?" Retorted Taegra.  She awaited his response, as if she was in a hypnotic lull.

"We first met in a Cantina on Taris, 300 years ago," Began Revan.  He told her the entire story, from beginning to end, from the murder of Davik all the way until his defeat at the hands of the Imperial Strike Team.  Minutes turned into hours as his tale went deeper and deeper, and Taegra kept being pulled in more and more.  As the tale met its close, Revan asked, "Are there more mandalorian clans?  They will be instrumental in my plans to defeat the Emperor."

"Yes," began Taegra, "but most still serve the sith.  There is a clan in this sector, but they work as bounty hunters for a powerful sith lord."

Then I ask you, Taegra," started Revan, "will you join me and preserve your ancestor's memory?  Will you help me defeat this galaxy's ultimate threat, and restore your Clan's honor?"

"Revan, you were once known as The Butcher," replied Taegra, "But in the eyes of Clan Ordo, you are Revan the Honorable.  Revan the Warrior. I say to you that I will pledge my honor, my allegiance, and the mandalorian clans to serve you, to retake this galaxy!"

These words both pleased yet worried Revan.  Her allegiance was what pleased him, but he knew the thirst of mandalorian conquest all too well.  What if they defeat the Emperor, only for the mandalorians to start conquering other worlds?  What if they become a threat to the republic?  These are questions Revan couln't answer until later.

"We need to free this mandalorian clan from the shackles of the sith," Revan said, an obvious sense of urgency in his tone.

"I will lead you to them," Taegra started, hesitantly, "but be aware, the sith lord that overlords them, Darth Xaress, is a powerful force to be reckoned with."

"Trust me," Revan began assuredly, "I've fought worse."  He instantly thought of his battle with the Sith Emperor, and how horribly it went.  How he wished he would have planned it differently, if Scourge hadn't betrayed him, if the Emperor was slain.

If Meetra were still alive.

Revan wished she was still living.  She was more than a general to him, she was a
student, a warrior.... and a friend.  He knew that with the help of the mandalorians, however, he'd have a chance to right his wrong.  "Take me to this clan," Revan stated, as silently and sulkily as his mind.

"As you wish," responded Taegra, taking up a dutiful tone. As she was leading Revan to the Mandalorian complex, many watchful eyes stared upon the duo, some in awe, and many in fear.  They walked in a calm disposition, for fear of drawing even more attention, specifically the attention of the sith.  When they'd arrived at the complex, Revan couldn't believe his eyes.  The complex was enormous, towering over the surrounding buildings.  He instantly wondered how many mandalorians- or sith were housed within.  Revan concealed Taegra and himself in the force to keep hidden. 

"Who's the leader of these mandalorians?" asked Revan.

"His name's Balgren, but I don't see him anywhere," replied Taegra.  Revan decided to use the force to probe the massive complex.  He sensed a vast multitude of sith lords, including Darth Xaress, and quickly calculated his options.  As he continued probing he sensed a flicker of the force in one of the prison cells, emanating an aura of the light side. 

"We need to go the the prison cells," declared Revan.

"Why?" questioned Taegra,  "I highly doubt that Balgren would be there."

"I beg to differ," concluded Revan.

Revan and Taegra silently approached the cells, as Revan reached out with the force to draw away any suspicion involving his presence.  When they finally reached the cells, Revan cursed under his breath, as he saw two sith guards patrolling the prison.  He called on the force to shut the doors, and he knew he'd have to do his work quick.  Still concealed, he lifted the sith into the air with the power of the force, and began to choke them with harsh power.  After a few seconds, Revan crushed their internal organs and snapped their necks.

"That looked like a power of the dark side!"  exclaimed Taegra.  "I thought you were a jedi."

"I have given up in simply following one spectrum of the force," explained Revan.  "It isn't simply light and dark, black and white.  There are many aspects of the force, and I have chosen to walk in the middle of its path."

"We've got more pressing matters on our hands," responded Taegra.  Revan revealed himself and took the
key from the sith guard's corpse.  He used it to unlock Balgren's cell, and those of the other mandalorians.

"Why are you doing this?' asked Balgren.

"We're here to save you," replied Taegra, "and restore the honor of the mandalorians."

"Taegra, What are you planning?", asked Balgren,  "And who is this that travels with you?"

"Dont worry, i'll explain who my companion is later.  We plan to overthrow the sith regime plaguing this once-honorable mandalorian clan.  We will purge this complex until no sith remain!"

"It is no use," Balgren said despairingly, "Darth Xaress if far too powerful for us.  we will be made fodder."

"We'll see about that," replied Revan.  "You sorely underestimate my abilities-"

"No," Balgren interrupted, "It is you who underestimate her power.  She is said to have immense mastery over sith magics.  She will ruin you, break you, corrupt you."

"You have no idea what i've been through," declared Revan.  "The people I've fought, saved, destroyed, broken.  The civilizations i've brought down.  This Darth Xaress has no idea what's coming.  Find your honor Balgren, find your courage.  Find the strength to lead your mandalorians into the unknown, and victory will be found."

Balgren paused, then responded, "I will aid you in your quest.  How do you plan to free the rest of the clan?"

"First," Revan began, " I must confront Darth Xaress."

As Revan went to Darth Xaress's Quarters, Taegra and Balgren secretly told the rest of the clan of the reason developments.  They began by telling the mandalorian captains, and the captains told their underlings, and eventually the entire clan knew.  They were told to await the word of the one who challenges Darth Xaress.

Revan, concealed in the force, silently entered the room of Darth Xaress.  When he walked into the room, however, the door slammed shut, and Revan was forced to reveal himself.  Very few should have been able to see through Revan's cloak.  But Darth Xaress was no ordinary sith lord, a fact Revan would soon find out.

"So, you've seen through my concealment," stated Revan.

"Yes, it was a difficult veil to breach," replied Xaress, "Why have you entered my domain?"

"I have come to free these mandalorians from your grip."

"Free them?  These mandalorians are here by choice.  They work for blood money, here of their own accord."

"I plan on restoring their honor," shot back revan.

"We shall see shortly," Xaress responded, in a cold, calculating tone.  Two Imperial Guards flanked Revan, trying to finish him before he can harm Darth Xaress.  He drew his lightsaber, as the Guards pulled out their electrostaffs. The guards struck in coordinated movements, one going for Revan's head, the other for his legs.  Revan dodged, evaded, and parried the attacks, until one guard left an opening in his abdomen.  Revan capitalized on this advantage, and stuck the guard with effortless speed.  The second guard thought he saw a hole in Revan's defense, trying to pierce him in the side.  Revan took a quick step back, the electrostaff missing barely an inch.  The guard overextended himself, and Revan removed the Guard's hands, and stabbed him in the upper chest with his own weapon.

"Ready to face me yourself?" jokingly inquired Revan. 

"Eager to die, are you?"  replied Xaress.

"You are nothing compared to the foes I've slain, the enemies I've defeated."  declared Revan.

"Defeated is the key word of your statement."

"How do you know?" wondered Revan.

"Be silent, and die," concluded Darth Xaress. 

Revan threw his lightsaber, guiding it with the force, towards Darth Xaress's stomach.  She redirected the blade, and it instead slightly tore her
robes.  Revan unleashed a barrage of telekenesis to buy time to regain his blade.  When the blade finally came back to his hands, Revan took the offensive.

Flurry after flurry, parry after parry, thrust after thrust, Revan and Xaress fought a seemingly long duel.  But what seemed like hours was only seconds, until Revan landed a small cut on Xaress's midsection.  This enraged Xaress, and she threw Revan back with pure and raw power.  Xaress deactivated the blade, destroyed it with lightning.  Revan could only wonder what she was planning.

"Tell me, Revan," began Xaress, "have you ever heard of Darth Nihilus?"

"Sadly, I have," replied Revan.  "He was slain long ago at the hands of the jedi exile known as Meetra Surik."

"He may have been slain, but his teachings have survived!" eluded Xaress.  An orange beam of draining energy struck the Imperial Guards Revan had just defeated.  Their corpses turned into ash, and Revan saw Xaress's injury heal, and he felt a surge of the dark side course through Xaress. 

"She just restored her vitality?" Revan pondered in his mind.  He'd need to end her quick, lest he suffer the same fate as the guards.  He drew his lightsaber, but Darth Xaress snatched it out of his hand with her new found strength.  With an outstretched palm, Xaress blasted Revan into the wall by the entrance to her quarters.  she was preparing her other palm for the crippling blow, the draining power.  Revan knew he had to do something, and in his desparation, the force began to flow through him,

light and dark,

twin rushing rivers,

no, this time, it was different,

The light turned black, and the dark took over.  Revan started losing control, the darkness too dark, too evil, too malevolent to put into words.

It was the evil of the Emperor.

A surging black beam of pure chaos surged from Revan, and it enveloped Darth Xaress in pure hatred.  The blackness came from her eyes, nostrils, mouth, and she was devoured, turned into a twisted abomination, until she finally fell dead.

"The Emperor is here,"...
Back to top Go down
WildBantha88
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
WildBantha88

Revan Reborn:  Book 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revan Reborn: Book 1   Revan Reborn:  Book 1 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 3:39 am

this is really great, I cant express how good this is
Back to top Go down

Revan Reborn: Book 1
Page 1 of 1